Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quebec City Re-visited




These pictures are from a weekend Gili and I spent in Quebec City about a year ago. I'm trying to figure out which images  work better with HDR treatment. I liked the results I got here, so I'm sharing them with you. The problem with certain images, especially those shot with strong light conditions and heavy shadows, is that you end up with both overexposed areas (sky) and underexposed areas (shadows cast by tall buildings). Processing these images with HDR solves that problem. Whether you like this 'otherworldly' look is up to you to decide. Right now I'm just excited about it, but i think the novelty will wear off in a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. need them bigger to truly appreciate...

    they look good!

    the first is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Synecdoche, New York

    ReplyDelete